A surge in power demand and increased power costs has attracted interest in solar power. The demand for solar power has increased manifolds over the past few years, resulting in a multitude of solar service providers offering engineering, procurement and construction services.
Solar rooftop owners and project developers often grapple with finding the ideal system installation and commissioning partner. In the rapidly growing business landscape, the task of selecting the most fitting system installer for PV system can be challenging and can even be misleading.
Therefore, it is very important to have set of guidelines to evaluate the capabilities of an EPC partner. In this article we will discuss about the parameters which can be used to drive an objective assessment while selecting an EPC partner for installing a solar system.
EPC stands for Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
A solar EPC service provider is a company which provides end-to-end solar energy services, including designing the system, giving procurement details about the system and installing it. A solar EPC company is more advanced, professional and dependable than a traditional installation firm.
Things to Consider While Choosing an EPC Partner for your Solar Business
- Details of Products and Services Offered by the Company: An experienced solar EPC company should possess comprehensive knowledge concerning solar equipment and the installation practices. It is important to inquire about the equipment source, warranty and project deliverable. An experienced project team that demonstrates extensive experience and profound understanding of technical aspects pertaining to products, utility setup and engineering is desirable.
- Years in Business: Company credentials is one of the top priorities while choosing the right EPC company for a project. While it is important that the company should have sufficient experience, it is even more important that company has a track record of adherence to required standards and sound business practices. Though associating with such companies can attract a premium, it nevertheless frees you of unwanted hassles in the process of installing a solar system that can perform satisfactorily over its lifetime.Seek references from previous clients. This can provide valuable insights into reliability, professionalism and deliverance standards.
- Quality Standards: It is the responsibility of EPC company to see that all the requirements and expectations are met sufficiently and satisfactorily. For an EPC service provider to deliver on quality standards, it is important that the company has a proper quality delivery mechanism in place. You can ask for the quality delivery plan and verify it. Good EPC companies implement ISO standards as their optimal quality management plan, thereby outlining the processes and procedures for deriving the utmost quality in executing the projects.
- Licensing and Approvals: Ensure that the EPC partner complies with local regulations and has necessary certifications. This includes environmental, health and safety standards. Compliance with these regulations is crucial for a successful and legally sound project. Ensure that the installer is conversant about the statutory requirements and state policies for solar projects. In some states, specific categories of rooftop consumers have access to solar net-metering options. This allows rooftop systems to contribute excess energy to the grid, with the DISCOM compensating the developer for surplus power.
- Contract Terms & Conditions: Thoroughly review the contract terms and conditions proposed by the potential EPC partners. Close attention should be paid while deciding on the scope of work, warranties, penalties and dispute resolution mechanisms. The contract should provide adequate clarity and mitigate potential risks.
- Value Proposition: While cost is a significant factor, it should not be the sole determinant. Compare cost proposals from different EPC partners, but also consider overall value, quality and reliability. Effective communication and collaboration are crucial for project success. The EPC partners responsiveness and willingness to collaborate along with a transparent and open line of communication can foster a positive working relationship. Also consider the EPC partners innovativeness and tech orientation. Most sites require innovative solution to enhance performance and efficiency of solar plants, contributing to long term success.
LUBI Electronics – An integrated Solar EPC with Expertise & Proficiency
LUBI Electronics is an end-to-end EPC service provider for solar systems. With extensive experience in delivering excellence, we have successfully executed numerous mid to large scale industrial and commercial projects, addressing power requirements across an extensive global clientele.
As a specialized EPC, our services offer myriad advantages, ensuring optimal performance and satisfaction.
LUBI Competencies in Solar EPC
We, LUBI Electronics with a track record of successful solar installations, bring extensive experience across all facets of the value chain. With our team of seasoned engineers and technical experts, we are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions tailored to unique client needs.
From initial feasibility studies and design to procurement, construction and commissioning, we are equipped to handle every aspect of the solar project. LUBI Electronics positions itself uniquely compared to its competition and promises to become a one stop destination for your solar EPC requirements.
Our Services & Solutions
In conclusion, selecting the right EPC developer for the solar power plant is a critical decision that has significant bearing on the operational success of the power plant. By thoroughly evaluating potential EPC partners and prioritizing those who align with your project goals, you can ensure successful and efficient solar power plant development.
As the solar industry continues to evolve choosing a reputable EPC developer becomes critical. With well-informed decision, you can embark on a path towards a brighter and more sustainable future powered by solar energy.
About LUBI Electronics
LUBI Electronics is a leading company in India, exhibiting expertise in the automation, solar, and control panel industry.
For more information on our offerings, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.